Mimosa is a genus of the Mimosoideae family and is famous for its soft round sprays of yellow flowers that are in fact made up of hundreds of tiny flowers.
Mimosa is available on the wholesale flower markets as a cut flower and is usually sold in weighted bunches instead of stem counts. Most of the mimosa that we sell at Triangle Nursery is imported from the Italian markets. Mimosa is rarely used in wedding flowers but can look stunning when included.
Mimosa has to be conditioned in a very unique way, so be sure to read the conditioning instructions below.
General Availability Chart
To get the best from your wholesale cut mimosa please read the care instructions below carefully:
- Cut the stems at a 45 degree angle with a sharp knife & split if very woody.
- Leave the mimosa in the plastic wrapping.
- Remove any foliage that will be below the water line.
- Place the stems in 3 inches of boiling water and allow the steam to permiate the plastic bag.
- Leave over night to condition before using.
- The stems will discolour but the flowers will develope!
Never leave cut flowers in direct sun light, near a radiator, in a draft or near fruit. (The gas used to ripen fruit will harm most flowers). Keep the mimosa in a cool place and always keep out of the way of children.