Vanda Orchids, (real name 'Vandaceous Orchids), have some of the most sensational flowers to found in the orchid family and as such are regarded horticulturally as one of the top five important orchids. Vanda orchids owe much to hybridists producing orchids for the wholesale flower markets.
Widley used in wedding flowers, vanda orchids are wholesaled by the bloom. You can buy vanda orchids with either 16 or 25 flower blooms per box. Stem lengths are approx. 20cm tall.
Vanda Orchid Roots are also available in one meter lengths, but they are very expensive.
General Availability Chart
To get the best from your wholesale cut vanda orchids please read the care instructions below carefully:
- Most vanda orchids arrive with water bottles attached to the stems. Please note this is for transport purposes only.
- Remove the water bottles from the stems.
- Fill sterilised buckets with luke warm water and add flower food.
- Place the vanda orchids in the buckets.
- Leave over night to condition before using.
- Vanda orchids are tropical flowers, so they must be kept warm. A centrally heated house is perfect.
Never leave cut flowers in direct sun light, near a radiator, in a draft or near fruit. (The gas used to ripen fruit will harm most flowers). Keep the vanda orchids in a warm place and always keep out of the way of children.