Zinnia is a genus of the Asteraceae family and are native to Mexico.
The flowers of the zinnia are made up of a row of petals forming a dome shape. Most zinnia flowers are bright colours such as cerise, pink, red, yellow and orange.
In the wholesale flower markets zinnia are occasionally available and sold in wraps of 10 stems.
Why not try using Zinnia in your next wedding flowers project?
General Availability Chart
To get the best from your wholesale cut zinnia please read the care instructions below carefully:
- Cut the stems at a 45 degree angle with a sharp knife.
- Strip the foliage from the stems.
- Fill sterilised buckets with cold luke warm and add flower food.
- Place the zinnia in the buckets - up to their necks in water.
- Leave over night to condition before using.
Never leave cut flowers in direct sun light, near a radiator, in a draft or near fruit. (The gas used to ripen fruit will harm most flowers). Keep the zinnia in a cool place and always keep out of the way of children.