Euphorbia Fulgens, (commonly known as Scarlet Plume) is native to Mexico and a close relative of the poinsettia plant.
When handling euphorbia it is advisable to wear gloves as the sap is an irritant to skin, (similar to alstroemeria sap), and in many cases can cause a nasty rash.
With its long arching stems covered in beautiful little flowers, euphorbia fulgens is just perfect for adding shape and flowing texture to wedding flowers, arrangements and large floral displays. Because of euphorbias hanging nature it is rarely used in commercial hand-tieds and sleeved flowers but looks stunning in bridal bouquets.
Euphorbia Fulgens is available on the wholesale flower markets in wraps of 10 or 20 stems. Stem lengths are usually around 80cm tall.
General Availability Chart
To get the best from your wholesale cut euphorbia fulgens please read the care instructions below carefully:
- Cut the stems at a 45 degree angle with a sharp knife.
- Always wear gloves as the sap will irritate the skin.
- Strip the lower foliage from the stems.
- Fill sterilised buckets with luke warm water and add flower food.
- Place the euphorbia fulgens in the buckets.
- Leave over night to condition before using.
Never leave cut flowers in direct sun light, near a radiator, in a draft or near fruit. (The gas used to ripen fruit will harm most flowers). Keep the euphorbia fulgens in a cool place and always keep out of the way of children.