Viburnum Opulus (Guelder Rose)
Viburnum Opulus, (also commonly known as Guelder Rose, Water Elder, Cramp Bark and Snowball Tree), is a stunning flower native to Europe and Asia. Viburnum Opulus has beautiful snowball shaped green flower flower heads at the end of branched stems.
In the cut flower trade viburnum opulus is a very popular wedding flower, but unfortunately is not available in the hot summer months. In the wholesale flower markets cut viburnum opulus is sold in wraps of 10 stems and is not usually any taller than 75cm.
General Availability Chart
To get the best from your wholesale cut viburnum opulus please read the care instructions below carefully:
- Cut the stems at a 45 degree angle with a sharp knife.
- Strip the lower foliage from the stems.
- Fill sterilised buckets with luke warm water and add flower food.
- Place the viburnum opulus in the buckets.
- Leave over night to condition before using.
Never leave cut flowers in direct sun light, near a radiator, in a draft or near fruit. (The gas used to ripen fruit will harm most flowers). Keep the viburnum opulus in a cool place and always keep out of the way of children.